The business landscape is changing, and the way you engage investors is evolving. You’ve managed to put together an impressive online marketing campaign, including an eye-catching website and a complete social media profile. And then you wait. If you build it they will come, right? Not exactly. How do you interact with investors, and keep them interested in what you have to say? The answer might be simpler than you think.
A recent study showed that almost 79% of web users scan the information in front of them, rather than read the information being presented. It makes sense, really. Think about how you use the web to find information. You search Google and if the information your looking for doesn’t come up you may change strategy and search Google Images or Youtube. When you do find the site your looking for you scan it, and if you don’t find what you need you move on. You need to engage your readers, keep them interested, and provided share-worthy content.
Here are some ideas to grab the attention of your online audience:
- Everything is marketing. When posting online, consistency is key. Remember, your online presence can be viewed at the click of a mouse, so make sure the information listed is clear, concise, and how you want your company to be represented. What comes up now when you search for your company?
- Use links to back up your facts. Linking to internal posts, such as articles, website pages, news releases, or blog posts, ensures that people spend more time on your site. This is also a good opportunity to showcase your company and your projects in a non-threatening way while letting people know of your presence. Links to external sites shows you’ve researched your topic, and the other site might in turn post links to your content, which makes it easier for potential investors to find you online.
- When posting information online, structure your information with the conclusion first, followed by supporting facts. Get your audience’s attention, and back it up after you have them listening. This also helps your readers scan your information easier and read the parts that pertain to what they are searching for.
- Use bullet points. The fascination of a bullet point is hard to resist. Also, they give your text a visual break. Your readers, and their eyes, will thank you.
- Keep your marketing up to date. In a technology savvy world, there is no excuse for out of date or stale information.
Use your online presence to build your online marketing, and watch your level of investor interest and engagement increase. Not only is online marketing effective, it is one of the least expensive ways to reach the right people at the right time.
Click Here for a great example of how companies who exhibited at the 2012 Cambridge House World Resource Conference can use their existing marketing material to gain massive exposure online.